I grew up with dogs and knowledge grew with every breed that came home. Each had their pros and cons, and learning for me was practical way of life, about dogs. I grew up with German shepherd ,labs, dashund, lhasa apso, to Golden retriever. Bitches were more stronger than dogs,if it came to pedigrees, according to my opinion. And better the breed more the worry. Lhasa apso was so fragile and gentle, he was more precious to my mother than me or my sister. From de-worming to asthma to arthritis , and parvo virus, I had hands on experience with dogs, and can be a certified Dog whisperer .
Moving into an apartment meant, no Dogs, not because we had no space,but I am against the idea of confining dogs to constricted spaces.So to have a living being apart from us, I chose to bring home, Goldfish. I bought two of them, and after a few weeks, One morning I get to see the tail of the smaller fish, missing—. I was zapped. little knowledge on fishes made me believe , it may have been ill. Two days later it died.Now I am a student trying to learn as much as possible on Gold fishes.
When we understand our pets,we are better equiped to handle and enjoy their company.
TO CARE FOR YOUR GOLD FISHES- – –
- KEEP THEM IN A TANK AND NOT IN A FISH BOWL.
- DONT FEED THEM WITH JUST FISH FOOD-LIKE FLAKES.
- GIVE THEM FINELY CHOPPED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, TO INCREASE FIBRE.
- WATER SHOULD BE WARM AND NOT VERY COLD,AS THE FISHES’S ORGANS DON’T WORK WELL UNDER COLD WATER.
- THEY EAT AND FEED ON ANYTHING. ONLY REMEMBER NOT TO OVERFEED THEM.
- GOLD FISH ARE BEAUTIFUL AND ORNAMENTAL, SO TAKE CARE.
- THEIR LIFE EXPECTANCY CAN BE UPTO 10 YEARS OR MORE.
- CARE AND NUTRITION ARE IMPORTANT.
- THEY NEED AS MUCH LOVE AND ATTENTION AS DOGS. THEY DO REGOGNISE US.
10. THEY COMPETE FOR FOOD, SO TAKE CARE TO FEED THE SLOWER ONES CAREFULLY.
Far too many people under the misconception that fish bowls were made for goldfish, after watching a few movies. there is no proper waste disposal, and enough oxygen.
this is enough for a start. we will see more posts as we go along, on gold fishes.